Friday, December 16, 2011

December 16

December 16

“The Words of Christmas,” by Megan Kendall

This is by far my favorite time of the year.

Traditions come to life and focus turns to friends, family.

God enters the household in an enveloping embrace.

In one word, togetherness.

It is a time to remember that you are not alone.

Families come together as children come home.

The kitchen smells turn sweeter, the nights begin twinkling with light.

Another word, tradition.

It is a time to remember that you are not alone.

My family has Christmas traditions that

grow year by year. Trivial things appear insubstantial,

but mean more than you know. Tradition lives as a tender reminder, that come every December, I know I will soon be returning home.

In one word, time.It is a time to remember that you are not alone.Years pass by quicker than the next,too fast sometimes to grasp the fleeting days.

Tradition grounds you. Slows things down.

People come and remember why they are together.

Another word, thoughts.

It’s a time to remember that you are not alone.

Time passes too fast and I’m spinning to hold on, but

God catches my hand and pulls me close.

At the smallest moment his light shines

and you remember. He is there through the people that surround you.

I love this time of year.

As a reminder why I am who I am.

God is our comfort and guide, and

enters the household as time slows down.

One final word, touched.

You are never alone.

I wish you the greatest holiday season.